Town Collector's Office

Town Collector
Ellen Whitney
(413) 477-6710 phone
413-477-6703 fax
Office Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday evening
4 p.m. - 6 p.m.

8 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.

Responsible for the collection of real estate taxes, personal property taxes, motor vehicle excise taxes, Hardwick water fees, Gilbertville and Wheelwright sewer fees.

Checks should be made payable to Town of Hardwick.

Effective April 1, 2015 the Board of Selectmen have approved the following fee increases:
Demand/Late Fees: $30
Certificate of Municipal Lien: $40.00
Returned/NSF Check: $35.00

Credit card & debit card payments can be made on-line through Unipay (click here). Additional charges may apply for credit card payments. Payments through this system will be accepted until midnight on the due date without incurring additional charges.

Credit Card Payments now accepted in the Collector’s Office!

Taxpayers now have the option to pay all tax bills (current & delinquent), including Wheelwright and Gilbertville Sewer bills using Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.

Visa Debit card holders will be charged a flat fee of $3.95 per transaction.   All other bank fees are assessed on a per transaction basis as follows:

Transaction Amount Fee Amount
$1.00 - $99.99 $2.50 
$100.00 – $199.99  $5.00
$200.00 – $399.00 $10.00
$400.00 – $699.99  $17.50
$700.00 – $1,099.99 $27.50
$1,100.00 – $1,599.99  $40.00
$1,600.00 – $2,299.99  $57.50
$2,300.00 – $3,099.99 $77.50
$3,100.00 – $3,999.99 $100.00
$4,000.00 – $4,999.99 $125.00

Please contact Collector for updated balance information before mailing late payments.

To request a Municipal Lien Certificate (MLC), please provide the following information as well as payment in the amount of $40.00 per parcel:

*Name and Address of Current Owner
*Assessor’s Map & Lot #                              
*Self-addressed stamped envelope

Please contact the Assessor’s Office at 413-477-6709 to apply for a Property Tax or Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Abatement.

Click here for an Application for Abatement of Personal Property Tax, Real Property Tax, and Motor Vehicle Excise.

Click here for a Sewer Abatement Form.

General By-Law for Suspension/Revocation of Licenses for Non-Payment of Taxes.

Click here to pay now!

Last updated 3/2016