The Town of Hardwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.
Part-Time Driver MART
The Hardwick Board of Selectmen is seeking qualified applicants to fill a part-time (as needed) driver position for the Montachusett Area Regional Transportation Program. Applications are available at the Municipal Office Building, 307 Main Street, Gilbertville, MA. Applicants must have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License. For more information regarding this position please contact the Town Administrator at (413) 477-6197 x101.
Board of Health
The Board of Selectmen are seeking an individual to fill a vacancy on the Board of Health. Please submit a letter of interest to the Hardwick Board of Selectmen, PO Box 575, Gilbertville, MA 01031 or e-mail to Theresa Cofske, Town Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The interested individual shall be a registered voter in the Hardwick. This position will be posted until the position is filled.
Board of Registrars
The Hardwick Board of Registrars is seeking an individual to fill a vacant position on the Board of Registrars.
The following is the minimum criteria to apply for the position:
- The individual shall be a registered voter and have been enrolled in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY for a minimum of the last two years
- Shall not hold another appointed or elected position in the Town of Hardwick
- Possess good communication skills to work with the publi
- Possess filing skills, attention to detail, ability to follow direction and have general computer skills
- Flexibility to work daytime and minimal evening hours at certain political timeframes during the year that are dictated by Massachusetts General Law.
- This position is on an as needed basis.
- Attend Board of Registrar meetings on an as needed basis.
Hours worked are on an "as needed" basis. This position is paid on an hourly basis.
Submit your letter of interest to the Hardwick Board of Selectmen, PO Box 575, Gilbertville, MA 01031.
For more information call Paula L. Roberts, Town Clerk – Hardwick at 413-477-6700.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PART-TIME LABORER RECYCLING CENTER
The Hardwick Board of Selectmen is seeking qualified applicants to fill a part-time laborer position at the Recycling Center. The salary for this position is $11.00 per hour. Hours are Wednesdays 9-11 AM and Saturdays 8 AM - Noon. Applications are available at the Municipal Office Building, 307 Main Street, Gilbertville, MA or online. For more information, please contact the Town Administrator at (413) 477-6197 x101.
Hardwick - Volunteers Needed
Being a member of a Board, Commission or Committee is a way to give back to the community in which you live. It can be a rewarding experience to know you are shaping and making a difference in your community.
Throughout the year different positions open up on Boards/Commissions and Committees and the Board of Selectmen is always looking for applicants who are interested in filling these vacancies. Whether you’re interested in recreation activities, land-use practices, natural resources, emergency planning, agricultural activities, municipal finances, veteran services, etc., the Town of Hardwick has opportunities for you to volunteer to share your time and talents.
The following vacancies need to be filled:
- Agricultural Commission
- Ware/Hardwick Ambulance Oversight Committee
- Hardwick-New Braintree Cultural Council: contact EdHood at email@example.com or 477-1061
- Arts Council
- Council on Aging
- Election Poll Workers
- Emergency Management Planning – Assistant Director
- Historical Commission
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Personnel Committee
- Town House Bell Ringer
- Town House Advisory Committee
- Veteran’s Services Officer - Assistant
- Youth Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals
If you would like to volunteer for an open position, please send a letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen. You may submit by the following methods:
Mail: Town of Hardwick, Board of Selectmen, P.O. Box 575, Gilbertville MA 01031
Fax: (413) 477-6703
Town Administrator, Municipal Office Building, 307 Main Street, Gilbertville, MA